·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mwild8 said:
im going to assume your site is either

performaceprobe.com

or

probeperformance.com

?? correct?
Nope his site is the one that's listed up there when you click the www next to his name :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kinda cool, but...

1. In the text you state that you dare not push it to 14 PSI and are running at 12PSI currently - yet your Pressure switch kicks the auxilliary injector "on" at 14 PSI - does this mean that you are now running 14 PSI, or is the 5th injector never getting activiated?

2. You are using a switch and some direct wiring to turn this injector "on" but you are risking killing that injector by overdriving it unless it is rated for 100% duty cycle - do you know if it can take it?

thumbs up otherwise, yo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, i finally finished the fuel mods today. i was pushing 12 psi since the turbo upgrade and my fuel was borderline safe and i didn't want to turn up the boost and wait for 14 psi for the fuel injector to turn on when i'm leaning out after 12.

so what i did was drill out that cap on the VAF and turned the screw 1/2 turn clockwise (ala performanceprobe.com do it yourself mods). well, IT WORKED!! i now have more than enough fuel at 14psi :s5: my O2 sensor voltmeter test reads .94-1.00v at WOT. oh btw, this is without the 5th injector kicking in (i probably don't need it now after all). the hobbs pressure switch is supposed to turn on at 14 psi and in some cases 12 psi even earlier but this one is being stubborn :( i'll try another boost source tomorrow, maybe it's not getting a good signal at the bypass valve line. what i need to do is return the hobbs and get the dawes pressure switch which adjustable from 4-15 psi.

anywho.. the car kicks major arse now. oh, while i was test & tuning today, i got to line up with a LS1 Z28 w/ exhaust mods, walked him 3 cars from a 35-100 roll :s3:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow, nice mod...like the exhaust page you have btw, I'll be installing that same kit on my '90 PGT soon :) That .wav file clip was neat, looking forward to the install......
:heydude:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts