Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Ohhh Sweeeeet, I wonder how long it'll take for him to blow this one up :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: ;) :D

Seriously though, this means I guess he can finally be game to take it for a run or two down the strip, make sure you tell us how the thing toats the 'dores Laminge :D

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
by the secret coding on the box in the first pic it translates to a t56 by the looks;)

Now the official holden deal pricing (geez its great to have a copy of the software the dealer has :))

5575 List ex GST

i would be interested in what you are doing in the clutch area

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I concur - the T56 in my GTS-R looked surprisingly identical! Having talked to Minge I am guessing the gearing is different to the Holden version though.

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
the gearing for holden version is

1st 2.66:1
2nd 1.78:1
3rd 1.30:1
4th 1.00:1
5th 0.74:1
6th 0.50:1
Reverse: 2.90:1

so whats the gearing in this model ?

1 2 3 4 5 6 Rev
A 2.66 1.78 1.30 1.00 .74 .50 2.90
B 2.66 1.78 1.30 1.00 .80 .62 2.90
C 2.97 2.07 1.43 1.00 .80 .62 3.28

Holden implementation is GM version is A
Viper has a t-56 with same gearing ? but maybe different treatment ie gears are shot peened etc

So Im interested in the gearing now ?

Got a nice holden pdf if your interested.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
I concur - the T56 in my GTS-R looked surprisingly identical! Having talked to Minge I am guessing the gearing is different to the Holden version though.

Mmmm

Sorry guys I carnt tell you what the gearing is, thats something Rob would comment on, but all I can say its frigen unreal.

The wheel spin in 1st,2nd,3rd is sensational.

The head through the rear window is even better!!!

Sorry gotto run off now and drive around the block again!:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
DONUT KING said:
Ohhh Sweeeeet, I wonder how long it'll take for him to blow this one up :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: ;) :D

Seriously though, this means I guess he can finally be game to take it for a run or two down the strip, make sure you tell us how the thing toats the 'dores Laminge :D
NEVER

I am never gonna blow this baby up, unless of course....... but NO!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I take it then "C" is the gearbox? What diff ratio? How much?

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
seeing your copying me..I upgraded my diff to 3.9 Hydratrack today :p the step before the final solution

Good to see you like..

what and hows the clutch

·
gone
10,402 Posts
I think Rob slipped something a bit stronger in there while the box was out.

all I know was that I could here him muttering "I'd like to see the bastard try rip through this mutha"

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Still using the old shifter from old box, pro series short shifter/spring loaded to 3rd that i got from the states earlier last year

·
Jaguar X-Type
199 Posts
please explain........

Sorry... I think I've missed something obvious here... are you saying a Holden 6speed can be fitted to a XR8 ? but that it costs $9k ?

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Snaggs

The 6 speed is outa the us mustang

No HOLDEN part will ever venture into my creation!

The cost takes into account various modification, adjustments etc plus the ****ty US dollar

1 - 20 of 22 Posts