Ford Forums banner

21 - 40 of 117 Posts

·
BSR Driver #3 - Team ADD
501 Posts
FPVGT said:
Haha that sounds like me but i'm waiting for the GURU him self to teach me.Maybe i can go fast too one day. :teach:
Cheers Alex.
doesnt the GURU (alledged) drive an auto??? dont worry alex we know the game and how to play, whether we do is another story. but we drive manuals rememeber, we dont get consistency and a disabled sticker on purchase.

Simon

·
BSR Driver #3 - Team ADD
501 Posts
galaxy xr8 said:
Hey Simon what does your SS sit on at 100klm in 6th, and what is it like on fuel at this speed/rev's?.
with the standard 3,46's 1550rpm
with the now 3,91's 1800rpm

3.9's all the way i say it pulls every gear, i got 720km to sydney on the standard diff gears. i liked the 3,46's but i ran my 12 on them now its time to take it up a knotch. the 3.9's are better on fuel cause it doesnt take much throttle to move the black taxi

Simon

·
Registered
316 Posts
it is interesting to note that the vz will also come out with a ratio change- I don't think the gearbox and diff combinations between ford and holden rivals will be very different at all. I think this will show up in the times on the launch of each respective model.

with how long the t56 has been out, this may be a bit of a wake up call for holden too.

first to fourth will only be quicker courtesy of the shorter final drive ratio- "close ratio" gears aren't that much better at all - check www.tremec.com

certainly a good decision from ford- hope it proves to be a good box- ford opted with the introduction of the tr3650 in series 3 T series over the t56 because it had proven to be a bit unreliable- but if it's in the viper and a $300k aston martin (drool) how bad could it be?

Might change the final drive ratio myself, put me on a par in perfromance terms
(up to fourrth anyway!!)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
3.9's are the sH!t... :thup:

My T5 has XR6T and V8 internals in it. Rollin has an EBII with a T5 and notices a big difference in the 2-3 ratios between the 2 boxes. Mine continues to pull really well, yet his dies a little in third and then pics up.

I also have a different 5th gear ratio. I am doing 1950rpm at 100km/h

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Good to hear the T-56 is a good thing in th falcons. Can't wait to drive one myself.

·
Movin!
2,924 Posts
Cobra said:
Good to hear the T-56 is a good thing in th falcons. Can't wait to drive one myself.
Eamon when you get your apprenticeship (or have you finished?) you should apply for a proving ground gig for Ford, you will be able to drive all new cars before we even know about it!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I cant wait till theres one up for sale on ebay....(the box that is)

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
there is only one way to play the game, no ifs no butts its the 1st to the finish post then you get your winning ticket..cry or smile...
The only 2 poeple i seen launch a manual with 1.9# 60 foot time on the street tyres they use on the street every day of the week, means no changing at the race track are xacoupe and ritchie (clubvx) there Guru's..real street trim...

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
Martin said:
I cant wait till theres one up for sale on ebay....(the box that is)
Capa have had them for a long time, for a Boss set up around $8500 for the 6 speed

·
T/Control for sheilas
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
TeamKiwi said:
yes but the guy who fits 3,7 or 3,9's to his car cant change quick enough the smart LS1 owner smokes the other guy in the manual cause he either cant launch or cant change gears ;)

Simon

Stop hijacking my thread with that "Did this and my car launches like shit out of a shovel" crap. I don't give a crap about how well you launch car with 3.7 or 3.9's You can change your final drive ratio until your blue in the face but if your gearbox gearsets are up the shit, it doesnt matter. There are so many differnent gearsets in the t-56 range of boxes. Dont be stupid enough to suggest that it was a case of "Pull it out of a commodore and chuck it in a Falcon" as previously posted.

PS Grow up young man

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
More importantly Gadget.. Where was my phone call dude??!! Might've been able to pull a shifty on wifey on Friday! :rofl:

·
Registered
9 Posts
For those that have driven the T56 in the XR.

What is the 0-100 shift like. what I mean is what speed are you doing when you have to shift into 3rd.

I heard that the 0-100km times on the T5 suffered because you had to shift into 3rd for 100km there fore affecting 0-100 times

Cheers

·
T/Control for sheilas
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
FM said:
More importantly Gadget.. Where was my phone call dude??!! Might've been able to pull a shifty on wifey on Friday! :rofl:

The powers that be only gave me the keys for an hour FM, having said that, one of the members is such a hog of a motor car, i only got to drive it for 5 minutes!!!

Cheers pal

·
T/Control for sheilas
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
hazey said:
For those that have driven the T56 in the XR.

What is the 0-100 shift like. what I mean is what speed are you doing when you have to shift into 3rd.

I heard that the 0-100km times on the T5 suffered because you had to shift into 3rd for 100km there fore affecting 0-100 times

Cheers
Umm redline in second is around 110km/h indicated so more like 105kmh on a correvit. So for a manual xr8 sedan i am predicting 5.9-6.1 to 100km/h. As for the qtr, well this is where the 6 speed is gonna kick arse, second to third in the TR-3650 is pure shyte, this thing has surely got an extra 4 tenths in it, no doubt whatsover. Throttle response is improved as well so serioulsly i am expecting a high 13's in a standard BA XR8 by the amatuer motoring journo's. Give it to XA and i reckon he would crack a 13.3 no worries

·
T/Control for sheilas
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
FM said:
I too many shifty's with wifey can be rather disasterous FM!

Cheers

·
BSR Driver #3 - Team ADD
501 Posts
gadgetman said:
Stop hijacking my thread with that "Did this and my car launches like shit out of a shovel" crap. I don't give a crap about how well you launch car with 3.7 or 3.9's You can change your final drive ratio until your blue in the face but if your gearbox gearsets are up the shit, it doesnt matter. There are so many differnent gearsets in the t-56 range of boxes. Dont be stupid enough to suggest that it was a case of "Pull it out of a commodore and chuck it in a Falcon" as previously posted.

PS Grow up young man
hijack is such a harsh word, however the rest of your post is not. someone asked a question i replied. and Mark i haev run many 1.9 60' before and i dont run airbag suspension. and Jeff yes thats impressive with his car.

grow up you say Gadgetman.................. bah hahahahaha have you read other posts from other people before.

Simon

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Old mate Gadgetman! It's been a while!

Will be interesting to try the T56 in both camps latest trim to see all the differences. Hows the pickup point compare to the 3650 arrangement? Sounds like 2-3 is a big improvement!

Great to see a 6 speed box as a factory fit - better ratios, better acceleration, and better economy. Who would WANT a 5 speed box given the choice!!!!

·
T/Control for sheilas
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Mr Sparkle said:
Old mate Gadgetman! It's been a while!

Will be interesting to try the T56 in both camps latest trim to see all the differences. Hows the pickup point compare to the 3650 arrangement? Sounds like 2-3 is a big improvement!

Great to see a 6 speed box as a factory fit - better ratios, better acceleration, and better economy. Who would WANT a 5 speed box given the choice!!!!
Gday sparkie. Long time mate. The new six speed doesnt feel as notchy as the 3650 and it doesnt feel as loose as a goose (commodore version) The gearbox has a very direct shift feel espcially when downchaging from 5th to 3rd. You will really enjoy it. I am not hyping this thing up for the sake of it. It is the only significant upgrade in BA MK2 and it is a beauty. Economy?? Couldnt tell cause the car only had 3000km or so on the clock and they are generally very tight and rich at that stage. I would expect it to drop perhaps half a litre as opposed to a series 1. Either way, Ford are on to a winner. Hopefully SOON, there will be a 6 speed auto to add to the fleet or am i just dreaming!!

21 - 40 of 117 Posts
About this Discussion
116 Replies
30 Participants
Hypnodoc
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing