Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could one of you proud XR owners please tell me if you got a colour screen when you ordered the 6 stacker or the standard 2 tone command centre screen? Thought that I'd get the larger colour screen with the 6 stacker but the salesman said I'd get the standard screen! But he's been wrong before. Can't wait!Get the new ute in 2 weeks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Was a little bit dissapointed when I picked up my ute and I found out my $600 only bought me a 6 stacker and tweeters. Was expecting the colour screen!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been waiting for 6 weeks for my ute and thought up until today that I was getting a colour screen. I probably would have got one before Xmas if I got the standard cd player and if I new that I wasn't going to get the colour screen I would've save my $600 and 6 weeks. Thanks for the replies!

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
TS 50, nothing to add mate.. just wanted to say congrats and that 2 week wait will feel like 2 years! All the best with it and dont forget the pics as soon as you get it;) What colour is it?

cheers,
Matt

·
wasting money on cars
611 Posts
600 bucks for a stacker and tweeters is alright in my book i cant stand changing cd's all the time.and i dont know if you can put aftermarket stackers yet.the tweeters are pretty good but the rest sux.you will upgrade before to long i lasted 4 weeks before changing mine!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
r00na same colour as yours. BLUEPRINT 5 speed , blueprint interior and a hard tonneau cover. A pretty handy work ute I think. Should be able to leave for work at least 10 minutes later now! A little bit quicker then AU XLS 4.0l.
P.S Could have put the $600 towards some go fast bits!
Cheers TS50

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
ooh sounds damn sweet.. im keen for the hard top now (i wasnt before) Getting a hard top wont make up for me having no BOSS though;) lol so you better post pics man... or thy shall be burnt at the stake!

cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
35 Posts
Fordy said:
Thats why im not optioning it with mine, id rather put the money towards the sports steering wheel.
I disagree. The sports steering wheel looks tacky. It draws attention away from the other, more subtle perfections. I put my dollars towards the Momo gear knob, just so I could imprint the 5 bolts into my hand during summer...

Having said that, its probably the slowest stacker I'm come across and noisy as hell. Personally, i can't bring myself to crank it to full volume yet, i'm happy at about 2/3rds the volume scale and that suits me fine. Then again, I guess it depends on what 'music' you are cranking out.

Simmo.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I saw a BA XR8 ute at Herrods last week with the Premium Sound, Colour Screen and SATNAV fitted. I would be very keen to know how that's done!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
I saw a BA XR8 ute at Herrods last week with the Premium Sound, Colour Screen and SATNAV fitted. I would be very keen to know how that's done!
The only thing I think is missing from the gee-wiz setup that cant feasibly be installed is the sub-woofer (lack of a parcel shelf!), the rest should fit just fine. Ford are just arsehats for not installing the colour screen etc.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
5YP said:
I disagree. The sports steering wheel looks tacky. It draws attention away from the other, more subtle perfections.

Simmo.
the steering wheel is something you use the most in your car, and the sports wheel is so comfortable feels great moulds to your hands, drove a ba xt with standard wheel didn’t like it felt slippery and uncomfortable, it didn’t compare to the BA sports wheel...
As for the color screen in the ute yes its not fair we miss out and same with fuel flap release...

·
Movin!
2,924 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

Good news Pete, apparently as of this april, utes will be able to be optioned with premium sound and satnav, just like the sedans. Good move to those who want more luxury.

I think it's a running change that will also coincide with a new purple called vibe and the orange/red colour of the territory at the SMS

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Rodderz said:
Good news Pete, apparently as of this april, utes will be able to be optioned with premium sound and satnav, just like the sedans. Good move to those who want more luxury.

I think it's a running change that will also coincide with a new purple called vibe and the orange/red colour of the territory at the SMS
To bad about us poor scmuks who went and bought before then!!!!!!

Ah well the XR6T by strathfields in the latest Performance Ford Mag has a nice setup with DVD player an amps/splits/subs setup that is hooked up to the standard head unit, looks nice an neat an tidy as well.

Might have to go an have a chat to a Car Stereo joint soon to see if they can wire up mine for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Bad news guys - I spoke to Jeff at Herrods and he told me the owner had to pull the dash, change wiring looms, new computer, seriously huge job. He knew someone on the production line who helped with which parts and how to do it.
So for Joe Average to attempt it would be a very costly and complicated task.
I guess all we can do is wait for the aftermarket gear to become worthwhile, or sit back and enjoy "black and white".
There is talk that the BAII utes(due in April) might have optional climate control, color screens and sat nav- bad luck for the rest of us!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts