Ford Forums banner

401 - 412 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Oh I forgot,
The Trans controllers allow the auto to act as if it has a full manual valvebody. You can run whatever stall you want. They are to be used in conjuction with the stage 2 valvebody. You can hold any gear to any revs and it will be in whatever gear is seleted by the shifter. You can take off in second if you want (handy in the wet). It will only change gears when you move the shifter. If used with a ratchet shifter eg quicksilver, sequential manual control can be achieved similar to the latest fords. There is a bloke who has used the BA ratchet shifter (whatever they call it) on the earlier BTR's.
Also someone mentioned when you diconnect the auto, you have full manual controll. I have found this not to be the case and that the vehicle will go no higher than 3rd when you do this even if you select 4th.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey all, great read, riviting stuff. im wanting to turbo my ed, but as i am a student (currently studying motorsport engineering) i have a minimilistic bank balance. i was wondering if an au xr6 vvt head would bolt directly onto my ed block, as a head and cam upgrade are on the perliminary upgrade list. also would be an lsd of some descript, as my conventional open wheeler is giving me the shits.

also, i wouldnt bag the t5 so much, as there is that ed featured in the first edition of street fords that ran 620rwhp with the standard t5. i do work with brute utes however, and the t5 does have alot of trouble in racing situations. the t56 however seems to be a much better box with much better flat-shifting capabilities, would anyone know if a t56 would fit in place of my t5? i am an avid supporter of the manual and loathe autos for their lack of fun, however i an only 18 and in that stage i guess.

i have looked at the snort performance kits for the falcon 4 litre and im not too sure about them. would anyone know if ba falcon intake and exhaust turbo manifolds bolt on no probs?

well, i am just a learner at this game having only rebuilt my first engine a few months ago (go the pintara - lol) so any info on the topic would be great, thanx.

·
FRITZZ
81 Posts
lol read the thred. he was using a t66

·
Registered
3 Posts
looks nice man.... i bought my ea turbo'd and i buyin a new 1 coz the 1 i have on it isnt a ball bearing 1 so i have been lookin around but i dunno what 2 get coz i got no idea on wot the specs mean here is the specs of 1 i been lookin at do u rekon a good choice 4 my falcon

Specs:
57 trim front wheel in .60A/R compressor cover housing.
.64A/R rear exhaust housing ....

cheers if u can help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Heckaz said:
Oh I forgot,
The Trans controllers allow the auto to act as if it has a full manual valvebody. You can run whatever stall you want. They are to be used in conjuction with the stage 2 valvebody. You can hold any gear to any revs and it will be in whatever gear is seleted by the shifter. You can take off in second if you want (handy in the wet). It will only change gears when you move the shifter. If used with a ratchet shifter eg quicksilver, sequential manual control can be achieved similar to the latest fords. There is a bloke who has used the BA ratchet shifter (whatever they call it) on the earlier BTR's.
Also someone mentioned when you diconnect the auto, you have full manual controll. I have found this not to be the case and that the vehicle will go no higher than 3rd when you do this even if you select 4th.
Hi . Sounds like you have lots of expericence with the BTR, Question for you , What do your mean Hold any gear to any rev? Hold it with your brake pedal?
Is there a lock up feature on the Trans Control that is programable? or is there a button you press? Also does chirping into the next gear indicate flat shifting.? I know its an old post ,but I read most of It and need to know..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but... turbotrana do you have a wiring diagram for hooking the EMS 8860 up to the connector for the factory loom?

It would be awesome if you did because a mate and I are installing an 8860 in his ED in the next few weeks. It would make life a lot easier for us.

401 - 412 of 412 Posts