Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Galaxian
62 Ford Galaxie Conv. - FE 390 - MX Transmission
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - some work is to be done next year on the Gal. Like evry year -(( . I want to upholstering my Driver Seat, Backseat and Backrest with new Vinyl even new FoamCushing. Maybe what is neccessary.

How is the Drivers Seat fastened - Can be loosen above or underneath? Trick?

Backseat is easy but - Backrest is it hooked in? Just to slip it out?

Will do some beauty OPs.....even new Floor Console Indicator Lens (was very expensive) and the new Hornbrush which now is in split two pieces but funtioned as well...strange LOL

Oliver

·
Super Moderator
9,333 Posts
The video is for a 60's vintage Mustang, but seat construction doesn't change much with model. It'll give you an idea of what's underneath.

·
Galaxian
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you CatSkinner that Video helps. But how is removing the Backrest? After removal of the Backseat have to push from underneath to lift the Backrest off or which Trick?

Oliver

·
Super Moderator
9,333 Posts
Well, I can only speak from experience, on a '72 Mustang we had, there were clips on the lower half that you just pushed out from the trunk, then the whole assembly lifted up. You should be able to see the clips along the lower half of the back of the back seat from the trunk.

·
Galaxian
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you - will do so....Just to know what is neccessary on Work in Spring 2021.

Olli

1 - 5 of 5 Posts