Ford Forums banner

'62 Ranchero plans

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Stealcityluv 
#1 ·
I am in the planning stages with my recently purchased Ranchero. It is a '62, with very limited body issues, (except for the horrid black paint, done with spray can) and mostly stock equipment. It has the 170 CI, 3-on-the-tree, which is getting better, day by day. There are other minor issues to solve before it is drivable.
My plan, is to use this truck as my "about town" ride, and we also, eventually, plan to use it to tow a tear-drop trailer. As it stands now, we are thinking 302, fuel injection, C4 or C6 ???, to a ford 9" rear end.
My question is: anyone wishing to adding an opinion, discussing the plan, or, if you just want to let me know how you would do it! I'm pretty open to suggestions, and, of course, tips gained from experience are gratefully accepted...

#2 ·
I'm running a 73 F100 with an EFI 5.0 from the early 90's mounted to a 5 speed manual. I get about 15-16 cruising and it's quite driver friendly given the year. It's a 4X4 without lockout hubs, and it's running 4.11 posi rear. Given the weight of your Ranchero, you can probably go with a higher gear ratio and get a real good cruiser that can still pull the trailer. Just an idea to mull over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.