Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am restoring a 1966 Coupe and was wondering if there are some people here that have completed a restoration. I have the added complication (and expense) of a mirror image right hand drive conversion. My car is going to be painted in original silver blue with blue/white pony trim. I have found a rally-pack and full console. I will only be doing factory option mods like dual exhaust with trupets and valance, fog lamps etc. So far the car has been stripped, metal finished, converted and is about to be bead blasted then put on a rotisserie. I would like to meet some people that can guide me if and when I have problems.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
i am currently restoring my 66 coupe as well.

i have finished the interior and am about ready to pull the drivetrain so the bodywork can be finished. the car is also being converted from a stock coupe to a GT coupe. i already have the rear valance, console, door lights, fog lights, fog light switch, pony upholstery, kick panel carpeting, and other essential items. i have to remove the panels on the outside of the vehicle, remove the clips, and fill in the holes before painting. should look nice when it's done.

it would be great to have someone to compare notes with! ;)

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
yeah, i know.

the main problem right now is that i haven't spent much time working on it. i've got plenty of parts but no space to really tear her down and get busy.

my girl and i will be looking for a house soon and we will be focusing on homes with 2 or 3 car garages so we can have the space we'll need. she's got an MGB that we're thinking of restoring alongside my pony.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts