Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother needs to know the biggest size rim with the biggest size tyre in a 15".
Would a 8 1/2" rim with a 245-60-15 fit under the guard?
It has a 5" rear offset with a standed length diff and sits very low.

Thanks.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
I think I have an article in one of my mustang mags about what wheel sizes and offsets fit which mustangs. I can probably copy that and get that to you if your brother is interested.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EBXR said:
I think I have an article in one of my mustang mags about what wheel sizes and offsets fit which mustangs. I can probably copy that and get that to you if your brother is interested.
Yeah he would be interested, thanks. :)

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
I had a quick squiz and found one article that states 17x8's are the biggest for the 67-8's... That would be front and rear.
225/60/15's fit nicely all the way around, I don't see why a 245/60/15 wouldn't fit under the rear. Has the rear wheel arch lip been rolled??

I'll keep looking and see what else I can find...

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
C0V3R said:
No worries!
Just one more thing. He read the attachment and it says you can get 15" x 8" with the 225-60-15, but do you know or does anyone else know if he can get a 245-60-15 to fit?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Should be doable depending on how stiff/saggy the rear springs are and how much youve flared the rear. I have no real problems with mine, except my rear springs are abit too saggy, and with extra people in the back its no good.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Perhaps go to a race meeting where they are racing the group N historic touring cars and have a chat to the guys racing the Mustangs. They stuff 8" rims and big rubber under those.

Also the table in the attachment lists 9" rims on the rear and 265/275 tyre widths on larger dia rims, so 245 on 15" might be ok.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
outback_ute said:
Perhaps go to a race meeting where they are racing the group N historic touring cars and have a chat to the guys racing the Mustangs. They stuff 8" rims and big rubber under those.

Also the table in the attachment lists 9" rims on the rear and 265/275 tyre widths on larger dia rims, so 245 on 15" might be ok.
He's buying the mags today actually, but if he doesn't then I'll suggest the race meeting to him.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts