Ford Forums banner

21 - 40 of 126 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Who says FPV doesn't have an answer? And who says it would have to be NA.

My question is whether FPV marketing has the balls and the smarts to do it.

·
Blue Blood
1,375 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

Never said it would have to be NA. But I just don't think that the BA is a good enough car for an engine such as the all alloy, supercharged, quad cam, quad valve, dry sump engine that is the Ford GT.

The car just isn't good enough for such a piece of art engine.

·
Registered
645 Posts
LOL @ laminge

How isnt the car good enough for an engine like that?
What makes a VZ GTS (though i thought they discontinued the car) good enought to have a 7 litre V8?

·
Boost Is for Pussies
835 Posts
There *is* another solution. The All Alloy 427 thats being put into the Saleen S7. Technically its a BBF...... probably cheaper than the GT S/C engine....

·
SBR Supporter
1,926 Posts
7.0litre 373kW V8 GTS300 would be an interesting car. Ford US currently makes one sole engine that can rival that.. the 5.4litre dry-sump DOHC 32v Supercarged 5.4 in the Ford GT.. which produces 410kW (550hp) and 678Nm (500lb/ft). That engine would be great for a GT-HO, BUT, it would make that GT-HO cost well over $100,000. It is, after all, built solely for a $150,000 US supercar.

Wouldn't be hard to make the Boss like that though. CAPA's Vortech kits get the thing to 525kW (704hp). They have a nice 400kW (536hp) kit that FPV should consider mimicing for GT-HO material.. though with suitable large (305mm) rear tyres, to have a better chance to cope with the power then puny 245s.

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

I Agree.....

I don't think we will even see a 6 litre engine in the near future. Sure it would be nice if they did.....but i'm certainly not getting my hopes up. As for the supercharger on the boss.....it could easily be done....I might be wrong....but i'm sure half of Ford Australia's problems, in regards to upping the performance criteria, often lay with approval from detroit. So even if FPV wanted too...maybe they can't.

Cheers.

·
Registered
645 Posts
i doubt Detroit would allow the GT40 engine to be used, so as to retain its exclusitivity, i think the s/c boss will be the go uniess they get a differnet bigger cube 8, saying that the Boss has put out 300RWKW N/A already... And if you factor in a 17.5% drive trainloss thats 307.7RWKW so we could get around there with an NA boss which would be pretty good, considering theres a 1.6 litre deficit...

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Forget about FPV and what they have to offer. They have never had the balls to make a car that's DEFINITIVELY quicker than the equivalent HSV, and going on their current form and future plans, they never will. It's been the same old crap since the start from them - dancing all around the lack of straight line speed, and making an art form of making excuses for it. They have to realise that Ford fans are jack of it all, and that's costing them sales.

Anyhow, if you want performance, vote with your wallet and go to the glorious new world that is THE AFTERMARKET!!! - first stop, APS!!!!

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Mr Sparkle said:
Forget about FPV and what they have to offer. They have never had the balls to make a car that's DEFINITIVELY quicker than the equivalent HSV, and going on their current form and future plans, they never will. It's been the same old crap since the start from them - dancing all around the lack of straight line speed, and making an art form of making excuses for it. They have to realise that Ford fans are jack of it all, and that's costing them sales.

Anyhow, if you want performance, vote with your wallet and go to the glorious new world that is THE AFTERMARKET!!! - first stop, APS!!!!
Here, here, spot on mate, I hope those white collar folk at FPV read this.

·
Beastmaster
940 Posts
laminge said:
Just mass produce the minginator!
Everyone is bitching about the production delays now.

As I understand it each minginator built has been several years overdue.
:rofl2:

·
SBR Supporter
1,926 Posts
Mr Sparkle said:

If you're going to modify.. no point spending extra on the FPV product, since you're just going to remove the expensive package to put aftermarket on. XR8 for V8 fans and XR6 Turbo for the 6cyl folk. If everyone started buying and modding XR6 Turbos and XR8s.. FPV would maybe take a hint and make a car that's actually fast. Not a car that's 10 years to late (seriously.. the current GT doesn't belong in 2004...)

·
Registered
51 Posts
It seems that the GTHO will come but its just a matter of time. I'd suspect it would be launched between the end of next year to around 2006 in copperhead form. Rumours are that the copperhead facelift will bring 6 speed auto's amongst other changes by the end of next year, so it will be a big facelift compared to mark 2. It would be the perfect base for the GTHO as the BA was practically an all new falcon while the commodore was just a facelift and is in need of the new platform. FPV should be aiming for the HSV GTS but also the world class sedans like the AMG E55 and BMW M5. The VE commodore might bring the new magnaride active dampers so it would seem fair if FPV released an active damper system on the GTHO or a very good suspension package. 5.4l supercharged engine seems the way to go but there maybe other options FPV are investigating. They should at least reach 373kw as that is the newest basic power output. If weight cannot be reduced at least keep it acceptable around 1800kg's. 1800kg's seems to be an acceptable weight when concerned with the M5 and E55, you cant expect to shave off 200kg's and keep the car comfortable. the 6 speed auto and 6 speed manual seem to be fine and could possibly cope with the power. Hopefully FPV will suprise us all with the release of the GTHO its just a matter of time.

·
SBR Supporter
1,926 Posts
fpv gtp said:
Hopefully FPV will suprise us all with the release of the GTHO its just a matter of time.
And hopefully its not a heavy, power lacking, poor handling slow piece of crap like the GT was (comparing to HSV VTII-VYII GTS300 and AUIII TE50).

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Steffo said:
7.0litre 373kW V8 GTS300 would be an interesting car. Ford US currently makes one sole engine that can rival that.. the 5.4litre dry-sump DOHC 32v Supercarged 5.4 in the Ford GT.. which produces 410kW (550hp) and 678Nm (500lb/ft). That engine would be great for a GT-HO, BUT, it would make that GT-HO cost well over $100,000. It is, after all, built solely for a $150,000 US supercar.

Wouldn't be hard to make the Boss like that though. CAPA's Vortech kits get the thing to 525kW (704hp). They have a nice 400kW (536hp) kit that FPV should consider mimicing for GT-HO material.. though with suitable large (305mm) rear tyres, to have a better chance to cope with the power then puny 245s.
Those cappa kits are shit, lots of unhappy capmers from what i heard. If ford were ever going to s/c any form of falcom it would either be a eaton (cobra) or a whipple (GT{40}). Whipple is capable of 27lb's. But dont expect to see a s/c falcon from the factory.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Steffo said:
If you're going to modify.. no point spending extra on the FPV product, since you're just going to remove the expensive package to put aftermarket on. XR8 for V8 fans and XR6 Turbo for the 6cyl folk. If everyone started buying and modding XR6 Turbos and XR8s.. FPV would maybe take a hint and make a car that's actually fast. Not a car that's 10 years to late (seriously.. the current GT doesn't belong in 2004...)
Its not just the extra power people pay the extra money for, brakes,wheels,bodykit, seats,sound and the list goes on.

21 - 40 of 126 Posts