Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Multi Car Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 73 grande that had a 302 / C4. I have swaped the engine for a 351W and I have found out that the motor mounts for this year are not reproduced. My old motor mounts are in horrible shape and I'm not able to find any. Any suggestions? I have attempted to locate them at salvage yards but no luck - ex. Torino, Crown Vic.

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Hi loukywells:I am from New Zealand so may not be much help but have you tried National Parts Depot they have an enormous range of parts and i feel sure they could supply.I can post Ph Numbers and addresses in various states i you like.I have dealt with them a number of times from NZ and they have been awesome.Excellent Mustang restoration parts.

·
Multi Car Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I have checked NPD and many other suppliers and the 73 motor mounts are obsolete. The years 71-72 are the same but for some odd reason they were changed only in the year 73. I have found some at the salvage yards but they are wanted 200.00 - 300.00 for them since they are not reproduced. If you do come across someone that handles this issue, please let me know.

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Good to hear form you loukywells.I admit i am suprised that NPD couldn't supply.They seem to have a massive amount of parts.There is a supplier Perogie Enterprises that deal with rare stuff but expensive place to buy from.

·
Mustang 5.0 Coupe Member
44 Posts
mounts

loukywells,

I looked around and I think you may be able to use motor mounts that 73 mustang II's used. They should be available from most Ford dealers.

Robin

·
Multi Car Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Robin,...thanks for the reply. But could you explain your response? Mustang II's came out in 1974. Is that what you mean I should look for? Ford apparently changed the motor mounts just in the year of 1973. Go figure! Thanks again.

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
louky if you find out where to get the mounts from can you let everyone know as there must be other people out there that are going to come across this and hopefully as time goes by we may get more 71/73 owners coming here looking for this sorta stuff.Thanks mate.Were there any other hassles with the swap as it sounds like a good thing to do.

·
Vintage Mustang Member
9 Posts
Cleveland mounts too...

Hello all,

I just found this forum in my (vain) attempt to find a source for motor mounts for my 73 Mach1. For anyone who sees this here is where I have been so far:

Kragen (Checker/Shucks): Don't Carry

Autozone: Don't Carry

PartsAmerica.com (they do Kragen's web site): list an Anchor mount P/N 2286 but they also list that part for 72, so I think this is bogus. I have a number for Anchor though so I will be calling them to confirm. Most of the other regular parts stores/online stores list the Anchor part.

Lakewood (Mr. Gasket): Don't Carry

Most Mustang Resto Sites (Mustangs Plus, Mustangs Unlimited) carry the Lakewood mounts.

PAW: Don't Carry (Lakewood only)

Glaziers Mustang Barn (http://www.mustangbarn.com/8engine.htm) has them P/N G08773 but they are $200.00 each and they are NOS.

If anyone has heard anything else, please let me know! I am using my oldd mounts, which are very thrashed... I am also toying with the idea of making a trip to the junk yard and seeing if motor mout pads (or whatever you call the part that bolts to the sub frame) from a 72 or 71 mustang (or maybe a torino) will bolt up, allowing me to use the 67-72 mounts that everyone stocks...

Cheers,

Ian

·
Multi Car Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No luck whatsoever. I'm still searching though. It's just the year of '73 that no one reproduces. Oh well......hopefully by the time I have completed everything else on the car there will be a repro.

S

·
0 Posts
making a 351 f250 motor fast for 65 mustang?

I have a question. i just purchased an 1965 ford mustang with a v6 and i want a 351 v8 in it. i dont have very much money but with what i do have i can purchase a 1985 ford f250 351 motor on ebay and i was curious with very little money can i make that 351 motor fast or should i look for something else. im sure the 351 is geared differently as far as having towing power but with a good pick a part near by and a little cash can i make it a fast 351? Thank you for your time guys. -Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
snowboy89
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing