Ford Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little ford expertise. I have a 77 f-150 with a 302. Just recently the truck has been shutting off while at redlights. It will start again, but not real easy. Through routine maintance and tring to solve this, I have replaced the plugs, cap, rotor, fuel filter, fuel pump, brain box, plug wires, coil. It really seems electrical in nature. No chugging, just shuts off, and not at higher rpms. Could this possibly be a fusable link going bad or a bad ground somewhere?

· Registered
268 Posts
Have someone start the car for you (warm engine) and put it into gear with the hood up and the air cleaner off. Have a can of starter fluid in your hand. When he puts it into gear and before the engine stalls (I presume this is the same condition while at a stop, engine running while stopped in gear) spray a little starting fluid into the carb to see if you can keep it running with that. If you can then your problem is fuel related and your carb is probably ready for a rebuild.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.