Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm not good at reading vacuum schematics. I keep getting confused. I think maybe I have a couple things connected wrong. Aside from the accessory connections stemming from the manifold on the firewall, there are only two things connected on the motor: EGR and vacuum advance. I think maybe I'm using the wrong vacuum ports for their control. Can anyone point me to the correct ports to use for them with the 2150?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, on a general level it kinda matches what I'm doing. On a specific level, I don't know if I'm using the correct vacuum ports on the carburetor. When I look at a diagram, I don't know what port on the diagram matches with which port on the carburetor. If I've correctly understood stuff I've recently read, not all vacuum ports on a carb have the same amount of vacuum at the same time depending on current engine operation.

·
Super Moderator
7,993 Posts
Do you have a thermal vacuum switch between the EGR and Carb?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry this took so long. I kept forgetting to take a photo. So I attached this photo from my Chilton manual. Also, I don't think there was ever a thermal vacuum switch inline with the EGR.

Looking at the diagram, I'm not really sure which port is which off of the carb. Once upon a time I found a legend for those port indicators, but can't seem to locate it now.

·
Super Moderator
7,993 Posts
Is your carburetor stock? If so, I believe they tap in below the blades straight to the bore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts