Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the MARKET for an EF/EL XR8, and would like 2 know if I could get one of those 8 Throttle Body Injection Setups/how much/etc ....any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Youd be better off with something like this....

http://www.mustangbxr.com/

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed. really have no place on a street car. They are only really useful if you are constantly keeping the revs over 4-5k (ie racing). However if you're still keen I believe Motec has one available.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Till, I was looking at getting the same set up you've mentioned & found about 4 different set-ups out on the Australian market. The first was a custom system like on the V8 supercars but at $30,000+ it's way out of most peoples league. The second was through the Injection Perfection group in Sydney but I've seen it on a few crappadores at the NATS & they were pretty unreliable. The third system you may have seen on a maroon EB featured in Zoom magazine, was by a guy from Romano Racing in Qld. This was a hybrid system based on the injection perfection but with shorter trumpets & matched to the falcon motors. I actually spoke to Bob Romano & he told me that they'd be sourcing a new set-up from a group in Cambpelltown NSW. I'll dig up the phone numbers soon but they were developed for the replica GT40 kit cars using the 5.0 efi engines. Awesome set up, mega torque but around $3,400. & you may have hassles with rego.

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
I saw the Sony Explode Falcon on the weekend, and it had this setup. And im also lead to beleive this motor was done by Herrod. i even think its a 347. Check Herrod automotie out.

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
or it might have been the Venom Ute

1 - 6 of 6 Posts