Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I know this has been ask before but there are still some questions that have not been ask or answered.
I am looking into milling out my T/B to 80mm on my BA XR8 and I would like to get some feed back as to wether or not it is worth the experience. the information I am chasing is.

1. did you fit it in conjunction with a helix or not.
2. did it improve throttal responce. (This is a big factor.)
3. how was the economy affected.
4. has it improved city driving and bottom end rev range
5. was your ET and mph improved on the 1/4
6. do have any gremlins since fitting the 80mm T/B

I am hopeing to do a couple tarmac rally's once the car is finished so if there is room for improvment in the T/B I would like to know. But if all I will gain is 2-3 rwkw and lose a bit of low end I will not bother with it...

Thanks for your help
Matt

·
Registered
234 Posts
mcdennis1 said:
I am hopeing to do a couple tarmac rally's once the car is finished so if there is room for improvment in the T/B I would like to know. But if all I will gain is 2-3 rwkw and lose a bit of low end I will not bother with it...

Thanks for your help
Matt
Mate theres been a couple of poeple on here that have tested them and they all came up with the same conclusion, that last line you said to the tee.
mate these things need as much help down low as they can get, wait for the Boss R plenum off BPT thats what I'm waiting for, was going to get the 80mm t/b but opted out.
Anyway thats just my opinion, hope that helps.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Jabba said:
Hi

I know this has been ask before but there are still some questions that have not been ask or answered.
I am looking into milling out my T/B to 80mm on my BA XR8 and I would like to get some feed back as to wether or not it is worth the experience. the information I am chasing is.

1. did you fit it in conjunction with a helix or not.
2. did it improve throttal responce. (This is a big factor.)
3. how was the economy affected.
4. has it improved city driving and bottom end rev range
5. was your ET and mph improved on the 1/4
6. do have any gremlins since fitting the 80mm T/B

Thanks for your help
Matt
SS one in the for sale section $250

1 - 3 of 3 Posts