Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my name is josh and I'm relatively new to working on cars. I have an 85 thunderbird 2.3l turbo motor in an 86 ranger. It idles fine but the turbine housing gets really hot after a few minutes and if I try to rev up the motor it bogs out unless I rev it very slowly. I can't even drive it because it bogs out as soon as I let my foot off the clutch even if I rev it high. Fuel filter has been replaced and idle fuel pressure is roughly 35 psi. I recently replaced the spark plugs and there is no fuel coming out of the fuel regulator. Please let me know if you have any suggestions that may help. Thanks a lot .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply, I checked vacuum pressure at the regulator and its roughly 14 in Hg when I revved it to 2000 in dropped to roughly 7 . Hard to tell exactly because my rpm is kind of screwy. Ran new vacuum lines to the sensors but it didn't fix anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for sounding stupid but what do you mean by plugged exhaust also my tps is held on by a zap strap and if I jiggle it the engine stalls immediately could that be part pf the problem

·
Super Moderator
8,296 Posts
You can get a few issues from a loose TPS, ut this particular sounds like a fouled exhaust, as Bert pointed out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts