Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 F-150 with a 302 and im going to be swapping out the motor for a 351 and was just wondering what it takes to make this swap. The current 302 motor is fuel injected and the 351 is carbuerated. the truck has an aod tranny and im wondering if the 302 and 351 will bolt up to the same bellhousing and if they share the same motor mounts and if the 351 can use the same crossmember. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Josh: I cannot help you with your question but appeciate what you find out between the fuel injection vs. carb. I am looking at ripping out the fuel injection on my 1986 and doing some major upgrades with a carb system.

Thanks.

·
Registered
917 Posts
JoshF-150 said:
I have an 86 F-150 with a 302 and im going to be swapping out the motor for a 351 and was just wondering what it takes to make this swap. The current 302 motor is fuel injected and the 351 is carbuerated. the truck has an aod tranny and im wondering if the 302 and 351 will bolt up to the same bellhousing and if they share the same motor mounts and if the 351 can use the same crossmember. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
assuming it's a wheezer ?
then basically same mootr with the '51 being a little taller , should't you keep the injection for emmissions ? it certainly will provide better performance and economy and with a chip more power ?.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
atec77
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing