Ford Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About six months ago, I was driving my bronco 2, came to a stop, let it idle for a bit, and it randomly turned off with no sign or reason.

I assumed since it wouldn't turn back on, that it was the fuel pump. Long story short, ice replaced both fuel pumps, hear an audible click from both when the key turns, but it still won't start?

To be exact.. I am getting spark, I'm not getting fuel to the rail. So what would be the problem?

I've read that the I inertia switch could be a cause, but on my 03 Ford 150 it's easy to find, I have no idea where it is on the bronco 2 if it even has one xD I happened to find a black box in the passenger side with a button, but that certainly doesn't seem to solve it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
The inertia switch cuts off the power going to the electric pump inside the tank. If you can hear it humming the switch is working and doing it's job. You might have to trace the fuel line going from the tank to the fuel rail. Have you checked of replaced your fuel filter. It goes through the filter before it goes to the fuel rail

1 - 5 of 5 Posts