Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the injectors fuel pump/filter cause the truck to not want to start?
Or maybe die out? I know it's not the starter, alt or battery, but the truck
is hard to start sometimes.

Thanks
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"jmvikings" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Would the injectors fuel pump/filter cause the truck to not want to
> start? Or maybe die out? I know it's not the starter, alt or battery,
> but the truck is hard to start sometimes.


Be more specific, please.

"Doctor, sometimes when I wake up, I dont feel good.. what's wrong with
me?"

--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what it seems to me is, that when I go to crank the truck in the morning, it
feels like it is not getting any fuel. I put some injector cleaner in the
gas and it seemed to help a little. But occasionally it will die while I'm
driving it.
"Backyard Mechanic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "jmvikings" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Would the injectors fuel pump/filter cause the truck to not want to
>> start? Or maybe die out? I know it's not the starter, alt or battery,
>> but the truck is hard to start sometimes.

>
> Be more specific, please.
>
> "Doctor, sometimes when I wake up, I dont feel good.. what's wrong with
> me?"
>
> --
> Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
> you pay..DEAL with it!
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"jmvikings" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s22...
> what it seems to me is, that when I go to crank the truck in the morning,
> it feels like it is not getting any fuel.



What do you mean "it feels like it is not getting any fuel"?

"feels like"???
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Oscar_Lives" <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> "jmvikings" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]_s22...
>> what it seems to me is, that when I go to crank the truck in the
>> morning, it feels like it is not getting any fuel.

>
>
> What do you mean "it feels like it is not getting any fuel"?
>
> "feels like"???
>
>


"Doctor, It feels like I'm still tired.. sorta"

What Engine?!

Does pumping the gas pedal while starting help? Computer sends more gas

Flooring it? Computer sends less gas

What are the rpm's first started? when warm? Does the engine speed
'hunt' in park or at stop?



--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jmvikings wrote:
> Would the injectors fuel pump/filter cause the truck to not want to start?
> Or maybe die out? I know it's not the starter, alt or battery, but the truck
> is hard to start sometimes.
>
> Thanks
>
>

by the way if you have to ask about the fuel filter its time to change
it. Yes injectors could cause it as can a worn fuel pump and many
other things..

1: change fuel filter
2: check fuel pressure
3: does it hold fuel pressure after engine has been shut off?
4: hows timing set
5: tuneup? plugs ok? cap, rotor etc?

ALWAYS TRY THE BASICS FIRST
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your response.
"fireater" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> jmvikings wrote:
>> Would the injectors fuel pump/filter cause the truck to not want to
>> start? Or maybe die out? I know it's not the starter, alt or battery, but
>> the truck is hard to start sometimes.
>>
>> Thanks

> by the way if you have to ask about the fuel filter its time to change it.
> Yes injectors could cause it as can a worn fuel pump and many other
> things..
>
> 1: change fuel filter
> 2: check fuel pressure
> 3: does it hold fuel pressure after engine has been shut off?
> 4: hows timing set
> 5: tuneup? plugs ok? cap, rotor etc?
>
> ALWAYS TRY THE BASICS FIRST
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top