Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace pcv valve hose runs from upper intake to rear of lower intake to pcv valve I had upper intake off replaced or blocked off egr colant lines ran from intake back to heater hose egr spacer was leaking water into intake wish I new pcv valve was in this position then but back together except line from pcv valve will not go on upper intake I'll try to replace valve grommet and screen but can I use any 3/8 hose or is it special molded hose I cant find one listed mustang guys have same location for pcv valve and can get that hose for mustang 5.0 would that work thanks for any help

·
Super Moderator
7,785 Posts
You want to use a vacuum rated hose. The molded hose looks nicer and cleaner, but as your car ages, you less likely to find one specific for your car. I have a cammed out '92 5.0L in a 73 F series and there's not a single molded hose under my hood.

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
Thats what I did with my 87 Grand Marquis. 3/8 vacuum hose works fine. The molded mustang hose wont work because its molded the wrong way due to the upper intake being flipped. Also if youre getting a new pcv grommet youll need some gasket maker to make it fit. The new ones are too small and do not fit in the intake. I had to use a bit of gasket maker on mine and its been holding ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts