Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, new to the forums world.. I am looking to delete the smog/pollution system on my 89 LTD Crown Victoria. It has a 351 in it .. Im mechanically inclined and know may way around tools and parts on the car.. I just dont know the process to do it.. Money and parts aren't a problem..i just don't have my ol man to tell how to do it step by step.. Anyone have some incite on the process?. Thank you in advance!

·
Super Moderator
815 Posts
Is it still functioning? Otherwise my sentiment is the same, theres no reason to remove it if its functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is it still functioning? Otherwise my sentiment is the same, theres no reason to remove it if its functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could disconnect the EGR vacuum hose. Then the engine will ping badly at part throttle and you will need to retard your timing. This will lose you significant power and MPG and will also be illegal and detrimental to the quality of air by just a little.
You could disconnect the PCV vacuum hose and cause your engine to develop gobs of gunk internally and also foul the atmosphere a little more.
The catalytic converter could be eliminated with some benefit, especially if has been clogged up. Then you would be the proud owner of a smog belching menace. But this too is illegal and during a smog check or other official inspection in the future (laws sometimes change) you would be in big trouble with the law.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts