Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought this car and not to sure about the mods for it can anyone tell me where i can get some good mods for it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello, unfortunately there is not much aftermarket support for the 1G probes. are you looking at upgrading turbo? intercooler? cold air intake. there are chips avaliable for the ECU goto MX6.com - powered by vBulletin or XOOPS Site - News to find some info on the chips.

First thing I would recomend is a Manual Boost controller and increase the boost until you hit fuel cut, then back it down about 1 - 2 psi. If you decide to get an aftermarket chip you will be able to run 16 PSI safely on the stock turbo, I would also recomend getting a 2.5 or 3" exhaust done (Mandrel Bend), then get your intercooler piping built 2 - 2.5". most of the performance mods will have to be custom made, there is 1 company that makes an exhaust for these cars, just visit the web pages i mentioned above and you will find lots of info using the search button, also visit Performance Probe

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
You could also try probetalk.com but second generation support is better, but still not great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts