Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this old automatic transmission 90 Festiva that my daughter drives back and forth to college. Twice in the last 6 months the oil filter has "popped" or "blown" off. I have never heard of such a thing happening. I know something is wrong when there is oil all over the back end. Anyone know why this is happening?

Also, I need a distributor cap SEAL. I cannot find one anywhere. Ford says they no longer make them. The car does not start after a rainstorm, which is a pretty big problem. She goes to school, it rains, and she can't get home.
Any ideas on finding one of these? I ordered one from a festiva parts place online and never received it. The distributor cap is 6 months old.

·
FESTIVA FREAK
6 Posts
first of all , check to see if your oil filter threads are either stripped or have been damaged
next make sure you are using a high quality oil filter

and just replace the distributor with a high quality and name brand cap and rotor
and if there is oil in the cap, check the PCV valve to the left of the throttle body

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this old automatic transmission 90 Festiva that my daughter drives back and forth to college. Twice in the last 6 months the oil filter has "popped" or "blown" off. I have never heard of such a thing happening. I know something is wrong when there is oil all over the back end. Anyone know why this is happening?

Also, I need a distributor cap SEAL. I cannot find one anywhere. Ford says they no longer make them. The car does not start after a rainstorm, which is a pretty big problem. She goes to school, it rains, and she can't get home.
Any ideas on finding one of these? I ordered one from a festiva parts place online and never received it. The distributor cap is 6 months old.
There are usually quite a few Festivas at the local junkyards like Pic a part. I would try there. There are also people parting out Festivas on ebay periodically. I have found lots of parts that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts