Ford Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone can help me or not but I am having some serious difficulty dealing with my heater in my 90 LS. The blower is working fine but for some reason I am getting no heat out of it? I have tried doing everything that I know of and it does'nt seem to want to work with me. Any help would be appreciated

·
Thunder Bird Super Coupe Member
6 Posts
death to the heater

this happened to mine. My guess was it was clogged with rust and debri, (this was in my lx) and then it sprung a leak. Smoke started coming out of all my vents, and I was ****ed. I just bypassed the heater core, and everything was fine. Final solution to the problem? Buy a super coupe. estimated cost? 3000-6000
much more fun and nicer than the lx
Aaron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heater problems

OK, you mentioned that you had no heat, but what else is going on? Are you running hot? Are you leaking coolant? Also, if you have the 3.8, do not run that thing hot. With it's aluminum head, cast iron block contruction, it is way to easy to blow a head gasket.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heater problems

If the heater core is intact, the next thing to check are the vacuum switches at the back of the heater controls-usually when you get no heat, and the core is intact, you get a leak in the vacuum lines attached to the heater control, which leads to the plenum door not functioning properly. This door is mounted in the box that surrounds the Heater core and a/c unit's cooling section-it directs air to either the Heater, A/C or straight through.

Tony Poole
VTCI Publications Director

1 - 6 of 6 Posts