Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 taurus, my problem is this. I drove it to ork got home parked it, Went out the next morning and it would'nt start. I replaced the starter still no go, Thought maybe it was the silinoid so i jumped it, still nogo tryed charging battery just in case and still all i get is a click when i try to start it.

any idea what could cause this?? any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If it is just clicking, check the cables for corrsion and if they are loose. If the ground calbe has bad insulation replace it. If you have the replacement ends on your cables, make sure they are tight. Those are not good to run, because they promote corrsion.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check the wires comming from the battery, my aunt had an 1992 Explorer and we couldnt figure out was was going on with it, the wires from the battery looked great but once the insulation was stripped back a little bit they were green under the insulation and was not allowing enough amps to enable the starter to turn over (they said this was a common problem around these years), check right next to both terminals, strip them back and look for a slight green on the copper under the insulation, I stripped them back and reused them, but I would not suggest doing this for a long term fix, replace them if this has happened, but if you are able to strip them back this will at least give you a short term fix and will then be able to figure that is whats actually wrong with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts