Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 base model that is in top condition with high miles but well serviced by original owner. The body is mint and interior as well. The engine runs like new and I want to try to at least keep it in good shape with better performance. The ride needs some help tho. Any suggestions on upgrading the suspension front and back to improve handling and keep it from floating on highway?

I have read that many owners install a K. Brown front strut brace and gas shocks/or struts all around to help the ride. What about the rear end though? It is quite light in the rear so any ideas on traction bars if that helps? On snow it needs alot more weight on the rear end to keep the traction as I spin too easy. My tires are new top of the line all season Goodrich triple treads all around so the tires are not an issue. I am not looking for high performance per say just a better ride and feel.

As well any recommendations on air intake filters to increase flow? For engine performance would replacing injectors with larger ones make any differance in performance as well?

Any help would be great!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
tuffguitar said:
I have a 91 base model that is in top condition with high miles but well serviced by original owner. The body is mint and interior as well. The engine runs like new and I want to try to at least keep it in good shape with better performance. The ride needs some help tho. Any suggestions on upgrading the suspension front and back to improve handling and keep it from floating on highway?

I have read that many owners install a K. Brown front strut brace and gas shocks/or struts all around to help the ride. What about the rear end though? It is quite light in the rear so any ideas on traction bars if that helps? On snow it needs alot more weight on the rear end to keep the traction as I spin too easy. My tires are new top of the line all season Goodrich triple treads all around so the tires are not an issue. I am not looking for high performance per say just a better ride and feel.

As well any recommendations on air intake filters to increase flow? For engine performance would replacing injectors with larger ones make any differance in performance as well?

Any help would be great!!
For engine performance look at mustang parts. supercoupeperformance.com is a great place to find TBird parts but its cheaper to look at any place that sells mustang stuff. I wouldnt install lager injectors unless you install a bigger cam. You will just flood the cylinders with fuel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts