Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm going to assume they would be the same for the TX5 which according to the owner's manual are:
Manual Auto
1st 3.307 2.800
2nd 1.833 1.540
3rd 1.310 1.000
4th 1.030 0.700
5th 0.795 -
Rev 3.166 2.333
Final 4.105 4.157

Cheers

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was thinking the same way until i came across power/torque curves for both cars (powerchipgroup.com) and saw that the telstar redlines at something like 7500 while the 626 only goes to 6000. the power/torque curves are VERY different and the telstar would seem to suit higher ratios (lower speed for each rpm). if you want the power/torwue curves (aginst each other) just tell me ur email address.
Thanks
DM

·
Registered
114 Posts
My 92 Telstar redlines at 7000. Don't know if it changed in later years or Mazda changed the 626. Just checked out the powerchip web page, interesting in how they quote different numbers for the two different cars. I'm pretty sure there was no difference between the two, including redline and max power/torque.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i know ay...seems a little dodgy. I can/t understand why they would be different- the telstar is the mazda engine with new rocker covers (obviously with ford on them instead of mazda...). It also says one of them is faster 0-100...i think its the telstar..but that really doesn't make sense....

·
Fast but not Furious
44 Posts
The gear ratios on the ford auto and Mazda auto are not the same.. but every thing else is identical (ECU injectors, manifolds, pistons etc) the only main difference performance wise would be the actual Kg of the car as a whole..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts