Ford Forums banner

92 EB SXR8 Shadow Cobra - Myth?

9K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  jacklewis4212122 
#1 ·
Hi I am looking for owners of the 92 eb sxr8 shadow cobra . I have been trying to find another legit one, but as there were only six ever built it is a bit difficult.
I have one & have been researching this topic for a while now & have a bit of information gathered but if anyone has any ideas on threads or posts could they send me details?

The first EB Cobra was built for Edsell Ford Jnr. This went back to the USA with him.It was the building block for the EB GT. 5 others were ordered directly after this by a NSW Car dealer.

I would like to put this myth to a end as my research has proven this as correct. The hard part is finding the surviving 4, if they still exist.

If anyone has some info please email me

#2 ·
Hi,

Got any pics/scans of articles relating to the Shadow Cobra?

Cheers

#4 ·
Hi you could try calling ford HQ and get the verification letter for your car, if not already. they'll tell who sold your car new. ask them if they know the dealer's name that sold the others in NSW. see if they are still going, and if so, dothey know any more than you do already.

i'd never heard of these cars. i'm interested in the info you have. i'll PM you my email.

#5 ·
Hi guys.
I used to hang out with a bloke around the time the Cobras were built.
We used to live on the Gold Coast.
His name was Ashley Johnstone and i believe he is around Dayboro Qld.
My mate had Cobra Shadow 001.
The genuine deal.
He sold it around 2004.
I almost bought 003 and i heard that 004 was written of in an accident back in 96.
It was an awesome car and gad lots of fun driving it.