Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a 92 Thunderbird and it is leaking in the passanger side. I have pulled up the carpet and pulled the little rubber peace out where all the wires are to let the water drain out untill i find the problem. I took a water hose and ran water all over my car, it only leaks on the passanger windshield or when i place it on the black panel near the hood.

I have tryed to silicone the windshield cause i thought that may be the problem but it wasnt, i have siliconed areas where i thought maybe the problem but I have no clue what the problem is.

I am going to Take out the dash this saturday or next saturday. which ever day doesnt rain.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
A leaking heater core will cause that. See if it looks like it has antifreeze in the water. Check radiator to see if it is getting low.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I had the same trouble in my 91 Tbird and if you're somewhat handy, it's easy to fix. Look at the cowling under the wipers on the pass. side and the plastic piece should be double-sided taped to the windshield which happens to be right over the fresh air intake for the heater. I removed the wipers and cowling and the air intake is standing like a funnel, higher in the front and lower under the metal cowling. I cut the top of the intake so it was even with the back height and then bent up some alum. sheet with an angle which went from the front of the intake to under the metal cowl. A couple of rivets to hold it in place and re-assemble the plastic cowl and wipers. I did this 10 years ago and I've only had water a couple of times at highway speed during torrential downpours when I should have been going less than highway speeds. Good luck. ps If the heater core starts leaking it will usually drain out thru the firewall and onto the ground. The way the cover is made it has a spigot which doubles as a locater pin when you're putting it together .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts