Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
WHATEVER !!!!!!!
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

i have a stock 93 eb II just looking for some perfomance mods like cams exaust air intake etc what sort of thing would be good to look into getting.

and also if ya know what prices things r going for wold be a great help

cheeres ppl

·
WHATEVER !!!!!!!
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheeres man thats what i had ppanned not sure where bouts the best place to go bout getting it done thoe also brands much diff in like exaust systems thinking like lukey/ genie not sure what extractors ne ideas ? was thinking bou t the pacemakers ( chrmoe ones )(3 groupes of 2 )

ne ideas ?? or know ne good mechanics in perth ?

SOR ARAMDALE WAY if not midland way

·
WHATEVER !!!!!!!
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no worries will do.
thanx again hey

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
1st get the extractors/exhaust done, as most mods after that will rquire it anyway.
So far, the best quotes i have got are from Quikfit balcatta, bat there are other stores closer to you.
Im tossing up wether to go Pacremaker race series, or Lukey headers. I think paceys are close to $400, lukeys nearer to $300. But i havent got any quotes for a while.

2.5" mandrel bent exhausts start at around $240. I had a lukey system on my ea, sounded good. But will probably get a berkley staright thorough system on my EB. Personalt taste really.

Then make a home job Cold Air Intake. Do a search for what others have done.

After that, id suggest a cam from wade. Go to inline 6 forums and check out the cams thread. Just go to the last page or 2 (there are over 500 posts)
Probably cost WAers $120 + $15-20 shipping either way.
And get some adjustable gear from crow for around $200.

If your cars auto go to mechanicalforums.com(.au??), register, and check out the 'electronic shift kits'. Have to be logged on to view.
Can make your own for like $20, and get wheel spin into 2nd gear :)

Then if still not enough go for you. Change the diff gears. 3.45 (xr6) are pretty common.
If u got a auto, 3.7s, or manual 3.9s, are probably the best matched.

After that u are looking at head work, and bigger matched cams, which costs a bit of $$.
So ill leave it at that for the moment.

·
WHATEVER !!!!!!!
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kewl

just found out need new head gasket and my suspension is all ****ed going to cost 3 grand to get suspension done at the same time lowered aswell while its iin bit.

went saw me machanic today decided when hes going to do the head for me going to get a stage 2 crow cam put in aswell as the lifters done. not to sure what exaust system me going to get yet but have to try and get a loan to get it all done first other wise im ****ed :( applying this week trying for a 5- 8 grand loan then go threw 1 week and get everything down hopefully by the 6th of march if everything goes right.

going to get pedders sports rider.

oh yeh and found out today me left hand side motor mount is broken :(

bugger

thanx for the post guys i will check out ya surgestions and let ya all know what i do neway

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Got my suspension bushed and lowered springs including fitting 330 rotors and A.P calipers for $1200.. 3g is too much even with shocks!!!! Imo...

Mate click on the xr8240/ search button up top.This and exhausts comes up often...

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
$3k is a bit steep mate.
Get a list of the parts they are going to replace, then ring round. will save u a heap!

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
While the head's off I suggest you spend a few $ (3-500) on some mild headwork. You will find this beneficial even without the cam, but it will assist the cam no end...

·
WHATEVER !!!!!!!
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK THIS IS WHAT PEDDERS SAID NEEDS TO BE REPLACED

9934 GSR sealed strut x2 $183.60
2261 sports ryder coil sprin x2 $73.80
5800 caster/camber kit x1 $79.20
epf24 falcon d bush 24mm-2pk x1 $17.10
ep950 sway bar link pin bush-8 x1 $28.80
pbj292 pedders chassis part x2 $59.40
radius rod-control arm -4pkt x1 $28.80
contorl arm bush -4pkt x1 $32.40
power stearing rack & pinion x1 $378.00
gsr9080 gas sports ryder x2 $94.50
sports ryder coil sprin rh x1 $73.80
sporst ryder coil spring lh x1 $73.80
epf22 falcon d bush 22mm-2pk x1 $17.10
pf795 rubber bush -2pk x2 $40.50
p7593 rubber bush -2pk x2 $32.40
ep156 urethane bush x1 $49.50
fitting $1,009.25
wa- Wheel Alignment $45.00

total $3,040.56
with 10% disscount they said

i only paid $4,000 for the car but its in very good nic other wise.
the other thing is the head gasket mechanic recons between $600 to a grand.
just to replace the gasket. and get machiened

and she is burning power stearing fluid and might need a new powerstearing pump
at $ 239.40

if i was just going to get standard shocks and sprongs they recon i would save bout 2- 300 more but might aswell pay the extra to get it done.

so what u guys think of the price ?

·
WHATEVER !!!!!!!
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh yeh and they guy said (think it was the sway bar on the right hand side cant remeber ) neway is bent looks like some1 has hit a curb in it hard and bent it
said u would get a bit of a tale end movement when driving

which it does

1 thing i forgot to mention bout this car

in my log book says the owner use to be the comisioner of police . with police HQ as the address in it ive checked the engin and chassie numbers and it all matches up to whats in the log book.

would this mean its an ex cop car or something ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts