Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 explorer that the 4 wheel drive worked perfectly one day and then wouldn't work at all the next day.

The lights for the 4wd hi and low are staying on all of the time unless I hold one of the buttons in. the lights will go out only for the time that I am holding in on either button.

I have straight wired the 4x4 swithing motor on the Transfer case and it is good. I have also tried the 4x4 switch out in another explorer and it also seems to be working fine.
I've been all over the wiring harness and can't find any broken wires.

Anyone know of anything else it could be?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The transfer case can get in such a bind from shifting in and out on dry payment that the shift motor will not shift the transfer case. Jack all four wheels off the ground and turn them a round or so. Then try to shift it out of 4wd. Should come out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
badgett said:
The transfer case can get in such a bind from shifting in and out on dry payment that the shift motor will not shift the transfer case. Jack all four wheels off the ground and turn them a round or so. Then try to shift it out of 4wd. Should come out

Oh no,
that's not the problem at all.

It only says that it is in four wheel drive.

I can take the shift motor off and put the transfer case in and out of 4x4 with no problem using a pair of pliers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts