Ford Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,106 Posts
You need to check over the steering / suspension for any wear or play before getting aligned . Did whoever that carried out geometry check , printout out not offer a quote on price ?

·
Super Moderator
24,106 Posts
Any worn parts will throw steering geometry out so needs checked out first and fixed prior to doing alignment . Any seized parts like steering track rod ends adjusters can usually be freed off with a bit of heat from a torch .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Runs straight but front end looks most original..needs alignment.. what am I looking at for price wise to get it aligned from a mechanis point of view.. ?? Thank you any help would be very appreciated
If I'm reading that correctly, your total toe is worse after the alignment. Total toe was in the green before and in the red afterwards. It looks like they went the wrong way. JMO

·
Registered
11 Posts
Reading these posts confirms my first thought of a reply. You need to take the vehicle to a good mechanic that also does alignments. They will, or should, check for any worn parts and replace them before alignment. They should also give you an estimate before replacing parts. Therefore, it is impossible to give you an estimate of cost over the internet.

I am not a mechanic, but I have a good one that I trust, and this is how he operates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts