Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SE has intermittent wiper switch, which use to work... :whoaa:

Two days ago, I was in a light rain, and flipped the first level to engage the intermittent wiper, but nothing happened. Low and High work fine on the wipers, but intermittent is dead (don't even hear the tick of the relay).

I know there is a "timer" box, which is nothing more than a relay which triggers the wipers once enough resistance is built-up (based on the timer setting), but I cannot find it.... and my Haynes manual is no help... the picture of where to find it may as well be a picture of a black cat in the dark!

Where would I locate the timer relay for the intermittent wiper function? Or, could I have another issue with the multi-function switch? I'm hoping it is just the relay... even a used switch is big $, and a pain to pull everything from the column :BW:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bert, you've confirmed what I didn't want to hear, lol...

I was hoping the interval relay was separate from the switch, but now it looks like it's integrated. I'll check the switch connections, look for a bad ground, etc., but I guess I'll have to start looking for a new or good used multi-function switch... until then, I guess I'll have to run old-school with only high or low speeds...

Thanks for the diagram!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts