Ford Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My van wont start anymore. It died in the middle of the road while I was driving and now refuses to start up again. Tried a jump from my Uncles truck and that didn't get it going. I got a code reader and just got the codes from it. I got a 111 (which the book tells me means the engine off test passed) then it gave me a 211 which the book tells me is a Profile Ignition Pickup circuit fault.

What exactly does that mean and what should be my next step to diagnosing and fixing my problem?

Also, I don't know if this matters at all or not but apparently someone tried stealing my catalytic converter but got stopped mid way through. I don't know if that would factor into anything that I need to do to get the van running again.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,827 Posts
How old is the distributor? The pip is located in the distributor and sends a signal to tell the ecu when to fire the injectors. When it goes bad the ecu doesn’t know when to fire the injectors and will cause a no start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I honestly don't know if its ever been replaced. The van only has about 46k miles on it.

Followup question, I see that the distributor is in the back of the engine compartment. Is there an easy way to get to it or do I have to hire a child to crawl back there?

·
Super Moderator
1,827 Posts
I think the US has child labor laws to deter such things lol.

I’ve personally never worked on one so I don’t have any tips but a manual will have some. It might be easier to R&R it from underneath.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts