Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 probe gt 2.5 manual when I bought it had issues accelerating after stopping. It stalls and sputters an it usually only seems to do it once the engine is warmed up. The only way I can get it going is to feather the gas pedal once I get in 2nd gear its pretty smooth from there if I just drive normal, however it does occasionally lightly backfire if I get on the gas to much. Need some opinions on what direction to look next. Ive replaced the fuel regulator, throttle position senor, New Alternator, New battery leads both Positive and Ground. Ive replaced all the vacuum line connectors and all vacuum lines that appeared bad, New distributor cap and cleaned the IAC and Throttle body both. When I got the car the muffler looked like it had been busted open and it its kind of loud but I dont believe that is causing the problem. Could this be a clogged cat? Or does this sound more like a Ignition coil problem?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello JRuble91, worth a mention that some 2.5 KLDEs have precats in the stock cast exhaust manifolds. Cars bound for California and New York have a large bulge next to the O2 sensor. My PGT had these, they will eventually plug up and rob performance.

EG45822.jpg
EG45821.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts