Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have blocked off the hvac inlet under the cowl grill as a test assuming the air was leaking in there, but no change. Floor vents have good warm air coming out, can't find any diagrams to get any further ideas where this might be coming from. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will double check that, but all the vacue operated things seam to operate correctly....I feel like outside air is simply leaking in from someplace that I can't find. I had assume some body had done an evaporatir core replacement and firgot to install a seal/gasket/insulation or the likes...It's done it as long as I have owned the car about 5 years or so. I have just put up with it..lol..thanks for getting back with me

·
Administrator
8,198 Posts
I have blocked off the hvac inlet under the cowl grill as a test assuming the air was leaking in there, but no change.
Hi Graystang, that is your (heat & air) outside air inlet and doesn't need to be blocked.

When you switch to cold does the air in floor vent blow cold?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it should be blocked, I was just testing to see if it was leaking at that seal.
But yes it will switch and blend between hot and cold

·
Administrator
8,198 Posts
Gotcha (y)

I'm trying to find a diagram, so far with no luck. Will post back if I find one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks yeah diagrams have been a problem to locate. I have a cheap service manual and it doesn't show much to help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks much, I really don't see much at this time that helps. I was just poking my head and hand around the hvac box, there's a space between the box and the firewall that I can feel air moving increasing with blower speed. Maybe the heater box at least is not perfectly sealed, but not leaking to outside air. I also stuffed insulation in that void, won't really know how much this is helping for a few days as the temperature is warming up outsidd

1 - 11 of 11 Posts