Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
94/04 Taurus
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Taurus sedan GL 3.0 V6 with 144,000 miles on it. Over the last year I have noticed that the speedometer needle fluctuates or shakes. It does not happen very often, and when it does it is under 40 mph, city driving. It doesn't move, fluctuate, shudder, whatever you want to call it much and sometimes the shake/vibration is audible. It doesn't cause any problems so I never really paid any mind to it. Just curious what you guys might think it is? Sorry if this is a little vauge. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
1,836 Posts
Jakin said:
I have a 94 Taurus sedan GL 3.0 V6 with 144,000 miles on it. Over the last year I have noticed that the speedometer needle fluctuates or shakes. It does not happen very often, and when it does it is under 40 mph, city driving. It doesn't move, fluctuate, shudder, whatever you want to call it much and sometimes the shake/vibration is audible. It doesn't cause any problems so I never really paid any mind to it. Just curious what you guys might think it is? Sorry if this is a little vauge. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
My grandfather had a 93 Taurus GL w/ a 3.8L and it did this too. We never got it fixed because my uncle traded it for his car. It would be worse in cold weather. It was also only noisy when very cold out. I'd say it is an issue with the speedometer itself because it is only at the speed you indicated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts