Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I deeply need you savvy ford knowledge. I own a 94 tempo and in the morning the car will not start. It will crank and the engine is barely there but it's just on the edge and does not start. Once the car actually start perhaps 5-6 tries later and sometimes with the remote starter then it's good for the whole day in most cases. It will always start perfectly after that. But in the morning it doesn't want too.

117 000 km
driven every day for ~ 15 km
new battery

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
Check the easiest first , when were the plugs last checked or replaced ? Is the battery throwing the engine over fast enough or may be low on charge ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We did the test where you spray water and found some arching between some wires. Could that be enough to cause the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it does, when I start the car I let it pump the gas and only turn the key completely when the pump has completed it's process.

·
Registered
182 Posts
How loud is pump through the floor? On Tempos a louder pump signifies it can be old and not enough pressure. Also, the exact sound it makes spinning up for that short time can say good or bad. Some sound powerful and some sound like barely able to do so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts