Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, okay so before I switched out my worn out steering column the truck would start run and everything, now after I switched it, it wouldn’t crank, everything would power up like it should and turned it in start position and the water in fuel and other lights by wait to start would come on but no crank. So I went out under the hood and turned it over from jumping solenoid and it would crank. And then it would just click at the starter when jumping over so I figured maybe it was the solenoid bought a new one and same thing, so I figured I burnt the starter up and turns out i did so I changed both and now it’s just still clicking st starter. So then I went inside and went and bought a new ignition switch and boom! Nothing. I know it’s a lot and kinda confusing. But when switch columns on one of plugs that goes behind the wheel and the ignition had a different plug with same color wires that was already cut to put the different plug that the person before must have did so I took the different plug off and matched the same color wires up to my plug off old column, switched the key cyclinder, and the ignition switch before buying new and nothing helped. Please help..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Didn’t know if there was something I was missing like a security thing or if the motor would be locked up in general after jumping over at the solenoid

·
Super Moderator
821 Posts
Is it just one click? Sounds like the starter, even though I know you got a new one. With the belt off with the engine turn over by hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the advice but still coming up empty handed. I may have bought a bad solenoid, but I did test the starter and it is functioning like it should. I do believe it was one click at each time it was jumped over. I highly doubt I did not put the wires properly but anything could happen. The videos were on a new power stroke but I still went through as he suggested and came up with nothing . I’m going to try and turn the engine over tomorrow. Hopefully the motor isn’t locked up .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts