Ford Forums banner

95 ford probe 2.0 automatic

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  golemstile 
#1 ·
I'm having an over heat issue. it's because my fan will not come on until it's way to hot. fan comes on when ac is turned on. so I have power to fan. unplug what I'm calling the temperature switch and it goes to high speed fan. is 5here 2 coolant temp switches. where it turns fan on at low speed then another switch that turns it on at high speed.

thanks Doug

#2 ·
It looks like you should have two fans. The AC/condenser fan is one speed and runs when the AC is on. The engine cooling fan is two speed and is PCM controlled by the coolant sensor. The one wire connection coolant sensor changes resistance with temperature change for off/low/high fan speed. The PCM runs two relays (low and high speed) to provide high current for the fan.

#5 ·
For your interest I am providing the wiring diagrams that show all the connections for your 2.0 Auto Trans cooling fans. Yes, I see your 1 fan is used both for AC and engine cooling.
You have the relays and the engine coolant sensor to check. Plus wiring and connectors, then pray the PCM is OK.

Text Diagram Plan Parallel Design
Text Font Parallel
Text Diagram Drawing Font Plan
Text Diagram Plan Design Parallel
Plan Text Floor plan Drawing Technical drawing

#6 · (Edited)
I think it may be the same as Mazda 626 , If it was mine , I would check the wiring / plug and if o.k , replace sensor . Make sure you get the correct one for an automatic as something rings a bell about them being different from manual box . Possible it may have been changed before and wrong one fitted ? There used to have the temp stamped on a lot of them at one time or were colour coded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.