Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, I'm having a few issues with my Explorer maybe you can help and save me a couple bucks, since I'm not a wealthy enough person to bring it in and pay labor costs... I'm not even wealthy enough to drive a vehicle made in this decade.

1. My headlights won't come on. Last weekend my headlights didn't come on and I was able to get 'em on by jiggling the blinker switch,this happened a couple times thoughout the weekend, and now they won't come on at all.
I had to drive home the other night with my brights on, which, by the way, only comes on if I hold the blinker switch back (flash mode).
Is this my blinker switch and if so how easy is this to replace? I did check my fuses and saw nothing wrong. Please help soon, I need to be able to drive at night again.

2. Driver's side seat belt won't buckle. Seems like a simple fix right? Can I just find one at a junk yard and bolt it in? I went to a dealer and they said $210 cause they'd have to install it to comply with safety something or another... well, if Ford was that concerned about my safety they would've made me a better seat belt to begin with.

3. Child locks. Now this issue is super old, but annoying nonetheless. I don't have either childlock on, assuming the only ones are the tooth looking piece inside each door, and yet neither door will open from the inside. Is there a way to fix this?

4. The piece that the OD on/off is in rattles, how do I tighten it? It only rattles when I'm going about 70 ish, but it's annoying. I'm contemplating glue.

Well, that's it.... any help would be great, thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can help with number 3. My 98 was doing the same thing. Put some grease on the latch and pin and it has never done it again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll take problem #1. I had the same problem with my 92 explorer sport, so I changed out the turn signal ( which is very easy...just remove the cowling with 2 screws underneth, then 2 screws hold the switch onto the steering column) but that however did nothing to help with the problem. Upon further investigation I found the plug on the back of the signal arm was bad and the connections were loose. You have to visit a pick and pull or local junk yard and snag ya a connector and a bit of wiring for a splice. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts