Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if it is possible to put a v8 sho taurus engine into a 96 mercury sable. And if it is what else would i need.
thanks

·
Hi-Tech *******
1,486 Posts
You would need to find a complete SHO. Drop out and swap the entire subframe with engine, trans, and all. Then swap exhaust and wiring harness.

I found a cheap SHO with a blown engine and swapped it over with a regular 3.0 12V taurus :whoaa:

It looked fast anyway :shh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
The steering column I was going to put in seemed to fit, I think its from a '95 aerovan, not sure on the year though.

My PATS transceiver ring was broken before, and I managed to fix it without replacing, but its that time. Will my PCM not read it or wll it be okay?

·
Registered
5 Posts
So plugging in a new PATS module will allow it to read my key again, right? I only have the one so if it doesn't work I'm probably gonna sell the car.

·
Super Moderator
8,886 Posts
I think you'll need someone to configure it for you, never went in that direction, only configured a new key.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alright, so here's what I discovered today.
The antenna ring is completely severed. I even tried to wrap a wire around the transponder chip and the other end where the part plugs into the PATS module.
and nothing i've tried before now works, nor what I did today. If you guys could just throw ideas out it might help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts