Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. Okay guys I'm at a loss for what to do. A couple weeks ago I ran my car out of gas when I tried to start it when I got it towed home I did not hear the fuel pump so I replace the fuel pump the fuel filter and tried to start it again nothing it'll turn over but it won't catch. So then I replaced everything it seems I'm flying by the seat of my pants here and YouTube has been my only friend. So here's a list of all I've replaced I've put in new spark plugs and wires new coil packs I put in an idle air control valve ,a fuel pressure regulator, and I've cleaned the mass air flow sensor and the throttle body. I'm 56 years old single woman and limited income so I'm doing the best I can here but now it will turn over and if I spray it with starter fluid it'll stay running for a few minutes sounds really good but then chokes backfires and dies. I took the top off the Schrader valve and tested for pressure I'm not getting any is very little it's a little better since I put on the pressure regulator but it's still not shooting out. So either it's not getting fuel or its not getting air I'm at a loss I need some help here please or some suggestions I'm running out of money and patience and I take care of my 83 year-old mom so I really need to get this car going it's all we gotI'm thinking that I might have to flush the fuel rail but I'm not sure how to do that and I don't have a lot of high-tech equipment at my disposal any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i checked the fuel shut off switch and ive replaced both fuel pump and filter. Ive been doing some further research and im starting to believe that it mugh5 be my mass air flow sensor , i looked up all the symptoms that my car is having and it describes everything thats going on with the car

·
Super Moderator
21,193 Posts
After you have already replaced the fuel pump and filter can you now hear the fuel pump operating on switching on ? If not could check the Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM) ?

·
Super Moderator
1,122 Posts
If the fuel pump primes but theres no pressure there is a leak somewhere. Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line for fuel?

If it does have fuel at the rail you could try running it with the maf unplugged. If it runs then the maf is the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem found! One of the connections on the fuel pump itself had come partially off. Replaced tje clip and car is running great! Ty everyone

·
Registered
3 Posts
Problem found! One of the connections on the fuel pump itself had come partially off. Replaced tje clip and car is running great! Ty everyone
With everything else you replaced you shouldn't need to do anything but put gas in the tank and change oil every 3K miles. That 4.6L engine will last forever.

·
Registered
1 Posts
  1. Okay guys I'm at a loss for what to do. A couple weeks ago I ran my car out of gas when I tried to start it when I got it towed home I did not hear the fuel pump so I replace the fuel pump the fuel filter and tried to start it again nothing it'll turn over but it won't catch. So then I replaced everything it seems I'm flying by the seat of my pants here and YouTube has been my only friend. So here's a list of all I've replaced I've put in new spark plugs and wires new coil packs I put in an idle air control valve ,a fuel pressure regulator, and I've cleaned the mass air flow sensor and the throttle body. I'm 56 years old single woman and limited income so I'm doing the best I can here but now it will turn over and if I spray it with starter fluid it'll stay running for a few minutes sounds really good but then chokes backfires and dies. I took the top off the Schrader valve and tested for pressure I'm not getting any is very little it's a little better since I put on the pressure regulator but it's still not shooting out. So either it's not getting fuel or its not getting air I'm at a loss I need some help here please or some suggestions I'm running out of money and patience and I take care of my 83 year-old mom so I really need to get this car going it's all we gotI'm thinking that I might have to flush the fuel rail but I'm not sure how to do that and I don't have a lot of high-tech equipment at my disposal any help would be appreciated
Sounds like you have a bad new fuel pump. Or if it has a sock it’s clogged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very glad you fixed it, LORD KNOWS I know car trouble.... it can really make you pray again. Having a daily driver everyday then doing without hurts

·
Registered
6 Posts
On my Ford Bronco it was the wires in the plug to the relay switch that intermittently shorted. So when I sent power to the pump it came on and when I replaced the relay it didn't work until i found the short in the plug pigtail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts