Ford Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
792 Posts
My 98 didnt have one but it did have a cylinder head temp sensor down there.

Regardless the poster says he has a 97.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm going to look at the plugs.. The car was serviced at around 100K and I got it at 112K. I guess it's possible that someone used a hotter plug.

The link was very informative and mentioned that hotter plugs of a faulty EGR could cause this, but if the EGR was bad wouldn't it throw a code? I'm not sure what else to try at this point so I'll pull a plug.

·
Super Moderator
18,926 Posts
I'm going to look at the plugs.. The car was serviced at around 100K and I got it at 112K. I guess it's possible that someone used a hotter plug.

The link was very informative and mentioned that hotter plugs of a faulty EGR could cause this, but if the EGR was bad wouldn't it throw a code? I'm not sure what else to try at this point so I'll pull a plug.
Also check the plug gaps .

·
Registered
2 Posts
For my 2001 Grand Marquis (81K miles) it is simply a matter of gas quality. When I fill up at "Circle K" in Bullhead City Arizona, I get a very bad knock when accelerating up to freeway speed (70-75). But when I am in town (L.A.) and purchase Costco gas, I never hear any knock or ping regardless of conditions.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
10 Participants
Marquis d'Merc
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing