Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vintage Mustang GT Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of buying my wife ;) a 98 GT, auto. This is my first experience with the 4.6 and would like to know the easiest, most inexpensive, yet most effective mods to make for more power. I naturally intend to do K and N, two SpiralMax turbor air twisters, and a chip (?). What else can I do that is fairly inexpensive and easy to do without having to tear into that motor?
Any help is appreciated.
Don K

·
Mustang 5.0 Coupe Member
44 Posts
A set of 4.10's or even 4.56
gears would help. That and long tube headers, h-pipe and mufflers. I think in any mustangs those are great first mods. And you don't have to dig into the motor at all!

Robin

·
Crown Victoria P71 Member
42 Posts
GIDDY UP-> PONY

X PIPE WITH LOW RESTRICTION CATS; MUFFLERS FLOWMASTER OR BORLA->EQUALS 20-22HP-------K&N FILTER REPLACEMENT IS GOOD BUT DONT GO COLD INDUCTION FOR YOU WILL LOSE 5HP AND $158; JUST DROP IN A REPLACEMENT IN YOUR STOCK BOX! CHIP UPGRADE WILL HELP BUT MAY HAVE TO DIG IN THE ENGINE A BIT TO RUN A LOWER TEMP THERMOSTAT. HAVE FUN!

WWW.STEEDA.COM

P.S.-> BE VERY VERY QUIET K9 IS ON PATROL!

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
98 Hop Ups

Thanks for the tips. I was/am already intent on a K and N. Another question now. The car has already had 3:73 gears installed. Really cool! However, the speedo now reads 90mph when in fact you are only doing 70! It is adding an additional 3 miles to the speedo for every 15 you actually drive!! Not good! Per my calculations that car has significantly less miles on it than are actually showing. I need to correct this situation asap. Can anyone help? Is there an adapter for the speedo to correct for the 3:73 gears?

Hey, this a fun little car! Loves the RPMs!!

·
Crown Victoria P71 Member
42 Posts
QUESTION

DID YOU UPGRADE YOUR TIRES AT ALL WIDER OR LOWER PROFILE?

DON ALSO GO TO THE STEEDA SITE AND UNDER CATALOG FOR STANGS- DRIVETRAIN 2ND PAGE YOU WILL FIND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE; RECALIBRATION GEARS--------->HAVE FUN

WWW.STEEDA.COM

P.S.-> BE VERY VERY QUIET K9 IS ON PATROL!

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!!

THanks very much! Far as I can tell the tires are correct size. Probably the gears....but I ain't takin em out!!!

:) !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts