Ford Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Old Ford Fan
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else out there with a 98 windstar with the optional 'big door' on drivers side had any trouble with the window track tearing loose? my wifes broke loose about two years ago, pulled the track out and welded up around where factory spot welds ripped out of mounting tab, then a couple months ago, noticed dimples in outer door where internal welded bracket is pulling sheetmetal in- and window is getting slow again... I told her from now on, just be sure to put window up before closing door, as I think the glass is simply too heavy for the cheep frame to support the glass down inside the door-slam the door and the glass wants to come on inside...
Thinking about writing ford as I really think its worth bitching about, just wondered if many others seen same problem.
Something else that always worried me- next time you close your rear hatch, watch how much the hinges/gas struts flex the sheetmetal as you just start to pull the hatch- I bet within a couple years we'll be seeing windstar rear doors falling off from stress cracks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts