Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy the '00!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were looking to spend under $18k would you go with the '99 GT or the '00?? Is there a big difference in performance and reliability??? I would like to get the '00 but I wouldn't have enough to mod it right away. :( I would have to get a job and drive around in a bone stock GT... Plz vote on the pole above.

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Unless you can PAY CASH for it I would not get either one! WHY WHY WHY WHY pay so much money for a something that you will lose your arse on financially. 18k now, in 3 years it will be worth 10k if you lucky! No thanks man, I rather put that 250-350 monthly payment in mutal funds and drive a beater untill i can save for a nice car! :nuts:

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am only 15!!! A Mustang GT is a good car for my age... I don't care about how much it will be worth later on, caus I am planning on having the car for a long time. And YES I am paying cash...

G

·
Hey I'm 20 and baught a 01 MGT convertable. I payed cash so the price was brought down a bit. I think paying cash is best because then you don't have to worry about making car payments. So all the money you get from working can go to makeing modifications.

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found a nice '99 GT

I just found a nice '99 Mustang GT, Limited Edition 35th Anniversary. The guy is asking $14,500. It sounds like a good deal to me, would you guys go for it??

Attachments

G

·
I would have it checked out, of course, especially the mileage. I just bought a '00 GT for just under 18. Sounds like an OK deal. Your insurance is gonna kill you though, if you're only 15.

Good luck!

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It has a little but under 18k miles. He said it might roll over if I went there to pick it up. :s6: My insurance would be fine... I have more money than an average teen. :redhrm: When my mom passed away all of her money went to my brotherand I. :(

G

·
Sorry to hear about that.

Still, being underage, you end up spending way too much on insurance. Just be careful of the tickets! Got my first one in 10 years within one week of owning my car! :redgrrr:

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tickets

I guess any fast car will make you wanna speed :s5 I will only speed if there is a rice burner or something that wants to race. My brother takes on Eclipses with his :crazy1:95 Dodge Ram 5.9 liter V8 Magnum. Mopar modded the heck out of it before he bought it and it will be faster than a lightning as soon as he gets a S/C.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
sorry to hear about your mom. mine is pretty ill and we're all wondering when it's going to happen.

anyhow wade, why not buy a 96-98 cobra? you will pay about the same as the '99-00 gt and it will be a more valuable car.

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Body style

I would... But, I don't like the older body style. It seems like no one even recognizes them anymore... I would love to have a cobra, but I want a new car with low miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts