Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my truck stumbles during acceleration but only when the rpms are low. I changed the plugs and the problem went away for 3 months... then came back. so I changed the wires same thing the problem came back. Any ideas? A buddy of mine has the same problem with his truck. same engine and trans.

·
Super Moderator
3,722 Posts
Make sure the wires ends and the distributor cap (or whatever they plug into at the non plug end) are made of the same metel (eg copper and copper). If they are not (i.eg different coloured metals) the metal will tend to corrode rapidly causing the sort of problems you are having. Try claening these bits with spray contact claener lubricant and a stiff nylon brush and see what happens. If you can't get matching components use ignition lubricant on these parts.

·
TurbolaserS
49 Posts
It sounds like the motor is running rich.Which is why the problem went away when you replaced the plugs(The new ones were obviously clean and unfouled)Have you had the injectors cleaned? I'd replace the fuel filter and have your injectors cleaned,then have a mechanic shove a exhaust gas analyser up the exhaust and check the HC levels.
It may cost more money to have a mechanic look at but just replacing parts is never going to fix the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts