Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a 99 v6 mustang. Blew the driver side tire and managed to rip the plug for the wiring harness that runs in the wheel well out and it's gone. I was hoping someone could tell me what the plug is called, what that set of wires is so I can replace it.
Automotive lighting Finger Bumper Wood Gas

Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Gas Nail

·
Super Moderator
9,772 Posts
Well... if you have a schematic, your job is only very difficult. Without a schematic, it's worse...
Unless you aren't concerned on making it original. That (by many nicknames) is a junction. I've heard that style called a 16 pin 4X4, what the real name is, is beyond me. In most cases, wire color going in matches the wire color going out. If all match on one side to the other, you can always eliminate the junction and slice the individual wires, or you can buy a male/female after market that has enough pins to accommodate what you need.

BTW, if you end up with a new connector with empty holes, fill the holes with something water proof to help keep the terminals from corroding.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well... if you have a schematic, your job is only very difficult. Without a schematic, it's worse...
Unless you aren't concerned on making it original. That (by many nicknames) is a junction. I've heard that style called a 16 pin 4X4, what the real name is, is beyond me. In most cases, wire color going in matches the wire color going out. If all match on one side to the other, you can always eliminate the junction and slice the individual wires, or you can buy a male/female after market that has enough pins to accommodate what you need.

BTW, if you end up with a new connector with empty holes, fill the holes with something water proof to help keep the terminals from corroding.

Thank you for replying. I've had zero luck trying to figure out what that is called lol I found a few mustangs being parted out and I'm thinking I'm gonna go grab it off one of those and splice it onto the wires I have left and to with that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts