Ford Forums banner

21 - 40 of 221 Posts

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
$700 isn't too bad, they are $985 new (polished). You could look at the Trickflow manifold which is about $950.

·
2,784 Posts
www.highperformanceworld has them for ander $914 but with freight to Adelaide it is $973.

BTW, regarding the roller rockers, I am running the YT Stealth 1.72's (non-adjustable) and they are great. Very easy to install and they seem to be good quality. If I can find some reasonably priced 1.6 ratio rockers I will be selling mine with only 5000kms on them. Have you found anywhere which do decently priced rockers?

·
Serving Defect #3
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Outlaw in the City is doing Crane Energizers which are a 1.6 ratio(i am pretty sure) for $455...

How much you asking for the YT's

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
Thaught of using an Cobra lower and upper and having the upper extrude ported? 300cfm has be obtained from this.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I was looking at extrude porting for my manifold and tossing it up against a new (trick flow) upper and lower. I have explorer maniflod. Where would i go to get this done and how much would i expect to pay. Worth the effort. benifits of trick flow or compeditor.

Sorry about hijack but i figure they are useful Q's

·
Registered
453 Posts
what it would cost to exteude hone the manifold you might as well go and buy an aftermarket one, a tfs streetheat, edelbrock performer II would be good choices,

·
Registered
453 Posts
match porting the manifold will help out and improve flow, is worth considering doing

·
Registered
670 Posts
How big would the benfit be. the lower is significantly different(smalleR) to the heads inlet.

·
2,784 Posts
You should get about 20cfm per runner by porting the lower, well worth the effort. Can do a fairly good you yourself with just a die grinder or even a drill.

·
Registered Snooser
579 Posts
You would probably only see a benafit if your heads are ported, which they are.
If you port the lower to match a felpro 1250 gasket and match the heads too (GT40p's are close to this anyway) a gain may be achieved.

·
Registered
670 Posts
sounds like a weekend type job! Sweet i'll put that on the cards for the not too distant future. However i'm still considering tfs or edelbrock. Anyone with expected or realised gains on these upgrades (match port and tfs vs edelbrock)? comments are greatly appretiated guys!

p.s. did everyone just loose thier sigs or is it only on my pc?

·
HORNY LITTLE ANIMAL
538 Posts
Sigs are gone on mine too.

Did B-1B sell his Trickflow? From the research I have done chances are you'll lose too much bottom end moving beyond the Explorer to something like the Streetheat unless you're considering a stroker. A good Explorer is plenty for the 302.

·
Registered
453 Posts
it has a lot to do with cam selectio as well on what manifold is best suited to the combo

21 - 40 of 221 Posts